On behalf of the Austin Area Heritage Council, we would like to offer you an opportunity to secure a booth at the Martin Luther King Community Celebration. The festival will take place on the campus of Huston-Tillotson University on Monday, January 16, 2023, from 10 AM to approximately 3:00 PM. The purpose of the festival is to celebrate Dr. King’s legacy while highlighting diversity and multiculturalism in our city.
Please see important vendor information below:
- Application Form: Please complete the online Vendor Form at this link by 5pm on Friday, January 6th.
- Late Fee: A $25 late fee will be assessed for each form received after or post-marked after January 6th.
- Vendor Check-in: Vendor check-in will begin at 8:00 a.m. We are asking vendors to be completely set-up by 10:00.
- Canopy: If you are bringing your own tent or canopy, please let us know in advance so that we can appropriately plan the layout. Please note that if you are planning to bring your own tent/canopy, you will not be able to use tent stakes. You must use some other method of anchoring your canopy, i.e. sandbags. Absolutely no tent stakes will be allowed.
- Food Permit: Food vendors, who already have a Department of Health permit, do not need to secure a temporary permit. However, you will need to show your food permit prior to setting up your booth. If you do not already have a food permit or will be cooking in the open, you will need to include a $114 fee for a one-day food permit.
Click here to fill out the Online Vendor Form
We hope that you are able to participate in this exciting and purposeful community celebration. If you plan to participate, please compete the online application form no later than Friday, January 6th to avoid paying a late fee.
Space is limited and vendors will be accepted on a first come first-served bases. Any applications received after that date will be accepted at the discretion of the committee based on space availability. So get your form in early to guarantee your spot in the Festival. For more information, please contact Dawnita Onyejiaka @ [email protected]. We look forward to your participation.